Indian Creek Country Club was started in 1925 by a group of Marion and Cedar Rapids businessmen who called themselves the Marion Club.
In 1935 the course was sold to Claude Knapp who operated it until 1940 when Bud Connell took over the operation.
In 1945 the name was changed from Marion Country Club to its present name.
In 1949 Nu-Marion Corporation leased the property to Olde Indian Creeke Country Club.
In 1971, the members of Olde Indian Creeke Country Club purchased the club from Nu-Marion Corporation. On August 1, 1976, certificate holders voted to build a new clubhouse and facilities. The new clubhouse was opened in February 1977. That summer the fairway irrigation system and a new well were installed along with two newly constructed tennis courts.
In the fall of 1988, ownership changed to the investor group called North Marion Investors, Inc. From November 1988 to December 1996, Golf Club Management leased Olde Indian Creeke Country Club.
From 1996 to 2008, B & J Catering, Ltd. operated as Indian Creek Country Club.
As of 2008, a group of individuals known as Creeke Bed Investors, LLC, purchased the club. It currently operates as a semi-private golf course with a private swimming pool and public dining facilities.
Since taking over, Creeke Bed Investors, LLC has made many notable improvements to the course. One major improvement was removing, reconstructing, and renovating sand traps throughout the entire course, which was completed in 2014. In 2011, a 3-year tiling projected was started to help drainage on holes 5 and 7 fairway and number 9 tee box that has greatly improved the quality of the course.
These improvements have not gone unnoticed. In 2009, Indian Creek Country Club was voted Iowa Golf Association’s 9 Hole Course of the Year.
Also in 2009, an intercity Ryder Cup tournament called the Marion Cup verses Hunter’s Ridge was established. Indian Creek has won the Marion Cup in 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013. This friendly competition has grown each year and built a stable camaraderie between the clubs.
Indian Creek Country Club consists of 44 and 2/3 acres and is located at the site of the old Marion Interstate Fair Grounds. At its inception, it was necessary to play between the fair buildings. During August each year, the course was closed for two weeks and the greens were fenced off to allow the annual fair to take place.
Golf Course Superintendent